Monday, November 16, 2009

Hello!


Let me start off by saying that I am in no way claiming to be a designer or decorator. Most of the things in my home are inspired by magazines, catalogs, and TV shows...inspired is actually too fancy of a word for how I decorate. I basically rip-off ideas that I like and I try to do it for as little money as possible. When I say "little money" I mean very small amounts of money. I refuse to pay full retail for anything and the "Real Steals" feature in Real Simple magazine makes me laugh out loud. Most of the accessories and displays in our house are well under $100, but ripped off from original ideas that would have cost three or four times as much.

My husband and I have been in our new home for almost a year and a half now. We live in a three story town home that I have slowly decorated with flea market and thrift store finds and discounted specials at stores like Michael's, Marshall's, Home Goods and Target. I currently have one of the three floors 98% completely decorated. My aim is to share the deals that I've found to prove that decorating a home does not have to be expensive. Decorating may take a little more time on a budget, but knowing that I'm not overpaying for anything is well worth it. Even though my taste might not be the same as yours I hope that it'll be clear that deals can be found not matter what your decorating style.

1 comment:

  1. Like your blog! Great ideas. Love the keys.

    ReplyDelete